Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Patterned paper

Okay so now that you have stocked up on wonderful patterened paper from the November special I wanted to give you a few insights on how to use it... I wanted to give you a few tips and reminders....
First off... here are a few cards that I made with one piece of paper out of the Wintergreen Paper Pack.
I used my "Snowflake Spot" Stamp set to create a background on Not Quite Navy... (With Whisper White Craft ink) and then I made the main block out of wintergreen snowflake paper... There is some soft white organdy ribbon tied along with some silver cord... and then the snowflakes are made out of Silver metal tape that you can find in a hardware store... Probably in the "Duct" section (my husband gave me a piece from his truck... He works in Heating and air conditioning.) A simple tip for this though, is to put the tape on paper and then punch it... other wise the sticky adhesive from the tape gets into your punches and it is hard to get out... so stick the piece of tape onto cardstock and then punch the shape you want out of it...The punch I used here is one of Martha Stewarts Collection from Michaels. I then put some Baubles from Stamping Bella's website in the middle of the snowflakes, and Popped the snowflakes up off the page with different dementionals. Simple card! VERY impessive in Real life... the scan doesn't do it justice. This is a great and easy card for Christmas Cards.
Here are a few more ideas:
Now a few tips for patterned paper...
  • Pattern paper is great for scrapbooking but if you put a picture on top of the paper you should always "mat" the picture with a solid color so that it pops of the patterened paper.
  • Always use it in moderation... too much makes a project look way busier than it really is... remember that when you have patterened paper it acts as paper, and element...
  • It is always a good idea to have a Solid color to go with your patterned paper so that it show cases the paper more... see how I have solid white on the Merry Chistmas card... and then I have a solid paper backgrown on the Happy Holiday's Card too.




No comments: